Visit the Timeless Skin Solutions Website

You can read more great information about Timeless Skin Solutions at www.timelessskinsolutions.com

Apr 5, 2010

Truth Time: I Have a 5 O’clock Shadow

For me, summer time means tank tops, bathing suits, and warm starry nights – nowhere in this romantic picture do I ever envision dealing with a 5 o'clock shadow on my armpits. This is hardly what I would call attractive. Shaving is tedious, can leave behind uncomfortable ingrown hairs, and when I shave in the morning, I'm already dealing with the beginning of little dark hairs starting to grow back by night fall…..maybe even by lunch time.

Since working at Timeless, I have been lucky enough to receive treatment for this little problem o' mine, and the results have been fantastic. Because of the way it works, you need at least 5 treatments to successfully reduce your hair growth, and the benefits honestly outweigh the minor disadvantages.

So, what are the advantages?

1. No more hair!! Need I say more?

What are the disadvantages?

1. It isn't painless – People say it feels like a rubber band snapping against your skin, and I think that's a fair assessment, but in my head I compare it more to someone touching your skin with a hot lighter for a second. Not quite the same image that a cute little rubber band gives you, but that's how I see it. The good thing though, is that the pain is very short-lived, we give you numbing cream to put on before you come in, and in 10 minutes (about how long it takes to have your underarms treated) you're in and out of here and you can go on about your day and forget it even happened.

2. It cannot treat hairs without pigment - So if you have light blond hairs or white/gray hairs, you are not a candidate for laser hair removal. It is unfortunate, but because the laser is removing the hair by targeting the pigment in it, the light hairs you have will not go away.


All in all, laser hair removal is 100% worth your time and money. Anything that means saying goodbye to annoying stubborn hairs and hello to smooth and silky skin once and for all sounds good in my book.