Visit the Timeless Skin Solutions Website

You can read more great information about Timeless Skin Solutions at www.timelessskinsolutions.com

Mar 11, 2008

Jay T.'s Review of Obagi

Jay T. is a patient of Dr. Carol Clinton. He is using the Obagi Clenziderm M.D. Acne Therapeutic System to treat his acne. He will be documenting his treatment and progress on this blog. This isn't an endorsement or paid advertisement for Obagi.

Entry 2

When I woke up this morning, I could still feel the tautness in my skin from the application last night. It was almost midday before I noticed that I still had the same feeling. I took a shower after applying the cleanser. This time around I followed it up with the pore therapy application. It states on the instruction card to use any cotton ball or square. It made me wonder why I could use any normal cotton with the pore therapy but I had to use the specialty cotton squares with the serum gel. Maybe the specialty cotton squares where indeed part of the overall treatment as I concluded from my first entry. This time the serum gel application feels more like regular rubbing alcohol. If you have ever rubbed or massaged your face with rubbing alcohol, like they used to do in the old days, you will have an understanding as to what I'm referring. After the application, I could feel it working its way deep into my skin and after awhile that minty eucalyptic feeling is back on. Glancing at the mirror, I noticed that my nose and especially my forehead isn't shining like before, hmmm. Dr. Clinton also recommended that whenever I go out that I apply some sunscreen on my face. I decided to stay in today so I didn't use the Anthelios SX Daily Moisturizing Cream with Sunscreen that she recommended. Like before this is not an endorsement of Anthelios SX or of any La Roche-Posay products.

Entry 1

My skin gets oily easily causing me to break out during the winter months. When I break out, I get little baby pimples mostly on my forehead close to my hairline and around my mouth...especially when I don't shave. On occasion I'll get one or two in my nose. Typically I have one or two pimples and not a full breakout. I've encountered common problems when using popular acne medications available at drug stores. They normally would dry up the initial breakout but I'd often find new pimples right next to the location of the old pimple...or the pimple would just return. Ssometimes they tend to form the results of a linear equation! Aside from my face, I have regular acne on my scalp, which thanks to Dr. Clinton, I just discovered can be treated with Selsun Blue. I was referred to Dr. Clinton by my wife who recommended using Obagi. I've been using the product for a little while. I've missed some treatments and I feel like my face just got oilier. With recent weather conditions, my face feels like it did the first time I visited Dr. Clinton.

Here is my treatment routine: Around 10 p.m. I apply some daily care foaming cleanser to my face. It feels like a body wash. After rinsing it off, my skin feels taut and after an hour it feels like I just washed my face. Next I use the serum gel with the enclosed cotton pads. The pads don't feel like ones you can get anywhere else. They feel like they have a special coating. After the application, my skin starts to tingle deep down. If you ever spilled acid in a chemistry lab and it got on your skin... well, the feeling is about the same but without the burn. No wonder they have a disclaimer about temporary tingling or stinging during the first week of usage.

I'll be sure to post again.